Quick and dirty recipe today! I love making extracts at home – so easy, cheap, and a good way to use up leftover vodka. Wait, what is “leftover” vodka?
- Zest of one orange (be careful not to get any of the white pith)
- Vodka (enough to fill your small container)
- A small container
- Combine the vodka and orange zest in your container and seal with a tight lid.
- This bottle is about 5 ounces. If you are making more than 8 ounces at a time, add more orange zest!
- Let it hang out in your pantry for a few weeks.
- I’ve used mine after only a week and it was pretty good, but the longer you wait the better it will taste.
- When you get low you can also add more orange zest and vodka to the bottle so you don’t have to start from scratch.